Crispy Chicken Thighs in a creamy Garlic Dijon sauce with Spinach and Bacon Bits. A delicious dinner to serve with rice and asparagus. Create a scrumptious and complete dinner in less than 1 hour.
Prep:10 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 35 minutes | Serves: 4
For the chicken:
- 2 pounds skinless and boneless chicken thighs, about 4 - 6 thighs
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 5 slices uncured bacon
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, sliced (white or purple)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of Noubess Mango Hot and Spicy Sauce with Herbs
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon low sodium chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Clean the chicken thighs. Remove any excess fat. Make sure the pieces are padded dry.
- In a small bowl, mix Noubess Poultry Seasoning with salt.
- Season chicken with mixed seasoning.
- In a heavy bottom pan or skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken and cook both sides and are crispy. About 6-8 minutes per side depending on their thickness. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the bacon strips to the pan and cook until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate to cool. When completely cooled break the bacon strips into smaller pieces.
- Drain the fat from the pan and add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, garlic and onion. Saute and stir often until the onion slices are translucent. Add Noubess Mango Hot and Spicy Sauce, chicken bouillon powder, oregano, and thyme. Stir to combine and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add dijon mustard and combine with herbs and spices mixture.
- Add chicken stock or broth, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has been reduced by half.
- Combine the half and half and heavy cream in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the pan and combine everything. Simmer for about 5 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add the spinach and combine. Simmer until the spinach has wilted.
- Season to taste. Top with the bacon bits. Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Here are some ideas for a complete dinner with the chicken recipe: