Baked Ham with Salted and Spicy Caramel Glaze
Baked Ham basted with a Homemade Spicy and Salted Caramel Sauce! Juicy and succulent on the inside with crispy spicy sticky edges. The perfect baked ham recipe for your dinner table.
Buy a pre-cooked ham to save on cooking time and spend more time with your loved ones.
How to make Baked Ham basted with a Homemade Spicy and Salted Caramel Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutesINGREDIENTS
- 8-10 pound bone-in spiral-sliced fully cooked ham
- 1 ½ cup homemade caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Mango Hot and Spicy Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the lower third. Remove any plastic packaging or netting from the ham. Set the ham aside to rest at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Line a baking tray or dish with several sheets of aluminum foil or parchment paper if you prefer (it will make cleanup a lot easier).
- Place the ham face down directly on in the baking tray; cover tightly with a cover or with aluminum foil.
- Mix the homemade salted caramel sauce with 1 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce.
- After 15 minutes of baking time, carefully remove the ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Discard the foil or parchment paper and pour 1/3 of the glaze all over the ham, brushing in between the cuts to evenly cover. Return to oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush with another third of the glaze and some of the pan juices, and repeat again after 15 minutes of baking or until the ham a golden-brown color, (about 30 minutes total). For added depth of flavor, mix some of the ham pan juices together with the glaze in the pot which will help keep it runny enough for brushing.
- If the outside of the ham is still pink after the suggested baking time, turn on your broiler (or oven grill), and allow it to boil for 2-5 minutes, while keeping an eye on it so it doesn't burn from the caramel.
- Let the ham rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
The ham will not be dark golden brown because the caramel sauce is not very dark in color.
Get your Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce today!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Noubess products are perfect for quick vegan and non-vegan meals. Boiled Plantain with Pickled Red Onions is easy and great as a quick snack or a side dish.