Easy Roasted Turkey with Noubess
This perfect roasted turkey is slathered in a mixture of soft salted butter and Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Herb Sauce and the cavity of the bird is well seasoned with Noubess Poultry Seasoning and then roasted to perfection. An easy and delicious turkey recipe that’s sure to be a hit on Thanksgiving, Christmas, any other holiday and even parties!
Impress your family and friends with this delicious Roasted Turkey.
HOW TO THAW A TURKEY
Let’s talk turkey basics first. Typically you’ll need to thaw for one day per 4 pounds of turkey. This turkey weighed 12 pounds turkey and it took a full 3 ½ days for it to thaw.
HOW TO PREP A TURKEY
To prepare a turkey for roasting you’ll need to do the following steps:
- remove the neck from the turkey cavity
- remove the giblet bag
- Clean the bird your preferred way
- Make sure you pat dry the entire bird
- tie the legs together with kitchen twine or if the legs are already tucked under the bottom skin, do not untuck.
- fold the ends of the turkey wings under your bird, last before placing the roasting pan in the oven.
HOW LONG TO COOK TURKEY
Assuming you start with a fresh or fully thawed turkey, generally, a turkey needs to cook for 15 minutes per pound. Always use a thermometer to make sure that your turkey is thoroughly fresh or fully thawed turkey
HOW TO MAKE EASY ROASTED TURKEY WITH NOUBESS
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- 12 - 15 lb turkey
- 1 ½ stick of butter softened or ¾ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon quartered
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey from the refrigerator; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Clean the bird your preferred way and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the softened butter in a bowl with Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce. With a spoon or a fork, blend until smooth.
- Season the cavity of the turkey with Noubess Poultry Seasoning, then stuff with the onion, lemon and thyme, and parsley. Tie the turkey legs together with kitchen twine.
- Rub the spiced butter all over the outside of the turkey and under the skin of the breast and thighs as much as you can. Season to taste with salt and pepper if preferred but not necessary (the butter contains salt)
- Tuck the turkey wings under the body
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and bake for 45 minutes covered with an aluminum foil tent. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue roasting, basting the turkey every 30 - 45 minutes with the juice from the pan, for about 3 hours.
- Remove the foil tent and continue to cook and basting until the turkey is fully cooked for about 30 - 45 minutes.
- The turkey is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey thigh registers 165 degrees F.
- If the turkey seems like it's getting too brown during the cooking process, cover it with foil.
- Remove the turkey from the oven let the turkey rest for 25 minutes. Slice, then serve.
- You can make this recipe with a turkey larger than 12-15 lbs. Add more seasoning, herbs, and spices. You may also need more butter for a larger bird.
- Cooking time will be longer for a larger turkey. This recipe can also be adapted for a whole chicken. The seasoning will have to be adjusted.
- For best results, cook your turkey on a rack or on a bed of vegetables to help keep it from sitting in its juice and possibly burning on the bottom.
- For the neck and giblets, cook separately with seasoning and herbs and make a sauce with onions and peppers to serve with the roasted turkey.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Noubess products are perfect for quick vegan and non-vegan meals. Boiled Plantain with Pickled Red Onions is easy and great as a quick snack or a side dish.