Crispy Chicken with Chayote and Carrot Stew
A spin on Crispy Chicken Dinner using Noubess Condiments and Spices. Crispy Chicken with Chayote and Carrot Stew, the perfect entree for a great dinner meal for your loved ones.
Chicken thighs and legs seasoned with Noubess Poultry Seasoning, then pan-fried then roasted in the oven. The chicken pieces are then added to a perfectly seasoned vegetable mixture prepared with Chayote, carrots, parsnip, celery, onion, and Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango and Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning. Everything is cooked in the oven at 350 degrees F in white wine and chicken broth.
Our Poultry Seasoning is salt-free. Feel free to add salt at moderation.
Gemma & The Noubess Team
Here's the recipe:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chayote, peeled, core removed and diced
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Clean chicken pieces (your preferred way), pat dry and set aside. Mix Noubess Poultry Seasoning, and oil in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and make sure every piece is coated.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the chayote, parsnip, carrot, onion, Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning and Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango sauce. Cook over moderate heat for 3 - 5 minutes until almost tender. Pour heavy cream, mix well and remove from heat and set aside.
- In an ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add to the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over high heat until the skin is crisp, 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and continue to brown for another 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. (Don't crowd the pan, fry the chicken in batches).
- Add vegetables to same skillet and top with chicken. Pour wine and chicken broth to skillet. Return skillet to stovetop and bring to a boil under medium. Cook covered for about 15 - 20 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Uncover and continue to boil on low to reduce the sauce at least by half and to make it a bit thicker.
- Remove from heat and serve with grains or pasta.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.